King Arthur Flour Baking Contest
WHO MAY ENTER
JUNIOR/YOUTH – Ages 8-17
ADULT – Ages 18 and older
PRIZES – King Arthur Flour Prizes for Adults:
1st place: $40 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/kingarthurflour.com
2nd place: $25 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/kingarthurflour.com
3rd place: King Arthur Flour Baker’s Companion Cookbook
PRIZES – King Arthur Flour Prizes for Junior/Youth:
Same as Adult Prizes
1. Pre-entry form is required (see below) and is due as follows: Must be received no later than Monday, August 5, 2019.
2. Exhibitor must bring the opened bag of King Arthur Flour or submit a UPC label from the flour bag when he/she submits the entry.
3. Entry must follow the designated recipe:
a. For all Adult entries, the recipe for Almond Biscotti must be used exactly as it appears. For all the Junior/Youth entries, the Chewy Fudge Drops recipe must be used exactly as it appears.
4. An entry form must accompany the entry.
5. All entries must be submitted on a white paper or plastic plate or foil-covered cardboard for judging.
6. Judging will be based on the following criteria:
a. Flavor: 50 points
b. Overall appearance or creativity: 25 points
c. Texture: 25 points
TOTAL: 100 points
7. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification.
8. All exhibit building entries must be in the Exhibition Building Thursday, August 8, 2019, between 3:00pm and 7:00pm OR Friday, August 9, 2019, between 8:00am and noon.
9. EXHIBITS MAY NOT BE REMOVED BEFORE 6:00PM SUNDAY, August 11, 2019.
Mail your entry form to: Mrs. Edie Main, 1 Duck River Lane, Old Lyme, CT 06371
Or email your entry form to: email@example.com
This entry must be received no later than Monday, August 5, at the above address, or postmarked by Friday, August 2.